You’ve read the “Son of the Dragon” and the “Empire of the Crescent Moon”. Next summer you’ll be able to read the “House of War” (August, 2015). You are ready to walk in Vlad’s steps and relive his times in a unique tour tailored to the interests of the Dracula Chronicles readers.
A Seattle tour company will soon be announcing (January 2015) a unique trip to Romania organized for the readers of the Dracula Chronicles, to take place in September 2015.
Victor T. Foia, author of the “Dracula Chronicles” will be accompanying the tour, and will be posting daily blog entries for those who have an interest in following the tour from the distance.
The tour promises to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the participants. In addition to visiting the places made famous by Vlad the Impaler (Old dungeons beneath the pavement of present-day Bucharest, the Snagov Island & Monastery alleged to hold Vlad’s remains, the mountain-top fortress of Poenari, the castle of John Hunyadi – Vlad’s nemesis – in Hunedoara/Eisenmarkt, Sighisoara/Schassburg, Vlad’s birth town) the participants will enjoy:
– a private tour, dinner, and recital inside the iconic Bran Castle
– private concerts and shows in selected venues (e.g. The Black Church in Brasov, burned by Vlad in the 1450s)
– private evening entertainment by genuine Transylvanian Gypsies
– lodging in village guesthouses belonging to a real Transylvanian count (Count Kalnoky)
– a stroll through Transylvanian meadows whose flora is unique in the world (a favorite annual outing of HRM Charles, Prince of Wales, who claims descent from Vlad)
– visit to a bat cave
– and much, much more